The Wicklow School of Music & Drama (WSMD) respects your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (and any amending or substituting legislation). The purpose of this website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us. If you are not happy with the content of this Privacy Statement you should not use this website. By visiting the WSMD website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. Any external links to other website are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
2. Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data: Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, by emailing us, by contacting us by phone (phone call, voice or text message), or by filling in an online form.This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP address, phone number and information about your child/children including name, date of birth and gender.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our web site. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
3. Purposes for which we hold your Information
·Personal Data: We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
a) to process your application and generate invoices throughout the academic year;
b) to contact you if required in connection with your application, your/your child’s studies with WSMD or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
c) to communicate with you about WSMD activities;
d) student name, parent name and phone numbers are automatically given to the relevant tutor and to any tutor that may be supervising concert workshops;
e) all parent contact details (name, email address and/or mobile number) are automatically placed on our Mailing Lists (Outlook and MailChimp) and SMS Text Messaging List/WhatsApp to keep you updated with information / timetables / dates for your diary.
- Non-Personal Data: We use the non-personal data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
4. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We use MyMusicStaff software to manage our studio lessons, invoices, payments and interact with parents/students and we sometimes use MailChimp to send our emails. You can view their Privacy Policies on mymusicstaff.com and mailchimp.com.
We will not disclose your personal data to other third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure.Examples of other third parties include exam boards (RIAM, ABRSM, Trinity College London, etc).We will, however, disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it to comply with any applicable law or other statutory requirement.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
6. Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at Wicklow School of Music & Drama, c /o East Glendalough School, Station Road, Wicklow Town, A67 PC52 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
7. Right of Access to Your Personal Data
To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us at the above address or email email@example.com.Any such data subject requests may be subject to a fee.
8. Changes to the Privacy Statement
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
10. Questions or Comments
If you wish to contact us to discuss any matter in relation to this Privacy Statement or our processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact us at the above address or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.